Join us for a conversation with poet Ciona Rouse about her journey from cradle United Methodist and pastor’s kid out of Christianity.
Episode Highlights Include:
- Ciona’s upbringing as a pastor’s kid and her experience as a denominational employee
- Her vocation as a writer and “God as author”
- “It struck me that I had spent my whole life in church and this was the first time I had hung out with prostitutes”
- How “Let’s take a break” became a permanent break from Christianity
- Resting on a limb on the Tree of Knowledge
Support us by:
- Supporting us on Patreon
- Subscribing to us on Apple Podcasts (or wherever else you get your podcasts)
- Liking us on Facebook
If you liked this episode, check out:
- Ciona on NPT Arts Break.
- Our upcoming listener-driven Q&A with Ophelia and Ciona. We need your questions, so send them to us here!
Thanks to our amazing supporters, including